All i know is METOO

It was 12 in the noon,
I was walking,
Wearing a plain t shirt and a jeans.
There were men on the street,
Some passed by me,
Others chose to stop and take a look,
Like I was a mannequin in a showroom,
But did I tell you, I was a human?
A human who could hear,
When they called me by names,
A human who could see,
When they made me feel ashamed.
But I chose to ignore,
Because that’s what I was taught.
Hear and ignore,
Until your last breath.
It’s 12 in the night,
I lie under a Street light,
Wearing nothing but a sheet,
There is no one in the sight.
No one passes by,
No one to share my plight.
I sit here like a stone,
But did I tell you, I am a human?
A human who felt everything,
A human who had screamed,
When unknown hands ran over me,
When they destroyed me from within.
And now I couldn’t ignore,
Because I could see se clear,
What I felt like,
To be treated like her,
I sit here broken 
Quietly, in the couch,
Behind a 5 inch screen,
My thoughts racing about.
Now all I know is 

ME TOO.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts